“We are accountable to our clients as one of the leading financial planning firms in South Western Ontario for professional, independent, and personal advice.”
Founded in 1986 by Ron & Donna Willis as “The Insurance & Investment Centre”, we have operated as Oak Tree Financial Services since 2004. In 2014, Trent Stanley assumed ownership of Oak Financial Services and is proud to work alongside a team of 14 advisors and administrative staff to provide financial advice to over 2,500 households in South Western Ontario.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
WE ARE INDEPENDENT: And we mean that in the full sense of the word. We are not owned in any part by a financial institution that also produces financial products.
WE BELIEVE IN PROFESSIONAL MONEY MANAGEMENT: We do not manage money ourselves. We work hard to find the best financial money managers/products for our clients from over 100 different financial institutions, be they Banks, Investment Firms, Life Insurance Co’s, Trust Companies, Pension Managers, or Credit Unions. Add to this a team that has over 200 years of combined experience in the financial industry, and you have a winning combination.
WE BELIEVE INTEGRITY IS NOT JUST A WORD, BUT THE ONLY WAY TO DO BUSINESS: We chose carefully in 2004 to associate with a national financial dealer PEAK FINANCIAL GROUP because after much research we felt that their motto “Integrity Above All” was more than a saying. They walked the talk. When we work with you to map out your financial future, we will give you an honest answer to all your questions.
Oak Tree Financial Services Ltd. and Peak Investment Services Inc. value your business and we thank you for your confidence in choosing our firm as your source of advice and products. As our client, you trust us with your personal information. We respect that trust and want you to be aware of our commitment to protect the information you share in the course of doing business with us.
Your rights as they pertain to your personal information
- You have the right to know why an organization collects, uses, or discloses your personal information.
- You have the right to expect an organization to handle your information reasonably and not to use it for any other purpose other than the one in which you intended.
- You have the right to know who in an organization is responsible for protecting your information.
- You have the right to expect an organization to protect your information from unauthorized disclosure.
- You have the right to inspect the information an organization holds about you and make sure it is accurate, complete and current.
- You have the right to expect an organization to destroy your information when requested and/or when no longer required for the intended original purpose.
- You have the right to confidentially complain to an organization about how it handles your information and to the Privacy Commission of Canada if need be.
How we collect, use and disclose your information
When you do business with us, you share personal information so that we may provide you with products and services the best meet your needs. We assume your consent for our firm to use this information in an appropriate manner. We may use and disclose this information in order to:
- Communicate with you in a timely and efficient manner
- Assess your application for Investment, Insurance and other services available to you by our firm
- Evaluate claims and underwriting risks when required
- Detect and prevent fraud
- Analyze business results
- Act as required or authorized by law
What we will NOT do with your Information
We do not sell client information to anyone. Nor do we share client information with organizations outside of our relationship with you that would use it to contact you about their own products or services, without your specific written permission.
We strive to protect your Personal Information
All employees, associated advisors and suppliers who are granted access to client records understand the need to keep this information protected and confidential. They know they are to use this information only for the purpose intended. This expectation is clearly communicated. We have also established physical and system safeguards, along with proper processes, to protect client information from unauthorized access or use.
Your Privacy Choices
You may withdraw your consent at any time (subject to legal or contractual obligations and on providing us reasonable notice) by contacting the Branch Manager. Please be aware that withdrawing your consent may prevent us from providing you with requested products or services. We may occasionally use your personal information to advise you of products or services we believe may be of interest to you or fit you personal circumstances.